Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crossing the Street

Crossing the street in China is not advisable. However, if you must, here is a method that has proven effective, at least so far. I insert myself in the middle of a group of Chinese pedestrians, ensuring that I am flanked on all sides. Then I move with the surge of the crowd. This way I am safely ferried across the street.

While I have now seen several accidents involving single bicycles and cars, I have yet to witness an entire crowd being mown down. So my theory is there's safety in numbers.

- Peggy


Kim, Jason and I have ventured out most nights to explore night life in China and although I felt a rush of adrenaline every time I stepped out onto the street, I have become much more skilled at making it to the other side during rush hour traffic...I must float like a butterfly! Kim and I found that holding hands helps as we dart through Beijing traffic!

-Paige

1 comment:

Jayne said...

HAHAHA! That is SO funny...but, history proves that it must work!!