Sunday, May 13, 2012

Paige's Food Photos!

Those who know me, are aware that I would be happy traveling the world as a food critic/photo journalist. I have my Mom's sense of adventure when it comes to life and especially enjoying the cuisine of any region. Peggy and I will keep you posted on just how adventurous we become here in China. Seaweed was on the menu tonight. Very seaweedy! ~Paige

Thanks to this excellent Chinese adventure, I am now in love with authentic Chinese food and have become much more proficient at using chopsticks. I have purchased a beautiful blue and white porcelain set and will be in the market for a glass "lazy susan" soon. Peggy and I are looking forward to our cooking parties. We are certainly experimenting with eggplant, which has been an ingredient in our favorite dish numerous times. Garlic shoots (garlic sticks according to Jason) with pork, lemon grass, ginger, and soy sauce is another dish on the menu to-do list. ~Paige

Alice takes such good care of us!

Fish & onions...mmmm!!!



Beautifully presented fish


Duck dumplings

Fish dumplings

I ate my weight in dumplings. As indicated in the dumpling post, the presentation and taste were equally impressive! ~Paige
Paige's first breakfast in China


Breakfast buffet at the Marriott
Seaweed


Bamboo...sweet and crunchy

Spring Rolls





Barbecued fish

Cooking outside in the market on the way to the Mosque.







cellophane noodle

eggplant

greens and peanuts

5 comments:

Sherik Butler said...

Does it taste as good as it looks? What an awesome experience for your mind and taste-buds!

Kendra said...

The food looks awesome!!!

Unknown said...

It WAS awesome! So tasty...Peggy and I will be trying to recreate some of the dishes soon.

Unknown said...

I disgusted myself while gaining 7 lbs..... It was worth it. Great food.

Unknown said...

It was worth it Jason...and more "strolls" on the Great Wall would have taken care of our weight gain! Now if I could just get back into the gym routine!