Monday, May 14, 2012

Huangpu River

I am in agreement with Paige that the river cruise was yesterday's highlight. It was overcast and a bit breezy as you can tell from the pictures. There was so much traffic on the river! As I told my husband, construction was everywhere, on both sides of the river. Barges loaded with sand, building materials, and construction debris cruised the river supporting the work at the job sites. I've surmised that this is easier than navigating the congested streets of Shanghai.

The Huangpu (pronounced Whangpu with a long "a") river is a tributary of the Yangtze. You can see some of the pictures by the river have lots of people in the background. Many other tourists besides us were visiting too. In fact I was reminded a bit of the New Orleans river walk. - Peggy

No comments: